Another Round of Winter Weather to Impact the Eastern U.S.
Snow will spread from the Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England through Tuesday bringing another shot of winter weather on the heels of the recent winter storm. A swath of 2 to 5 inches of snow is expected from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. This could impact the morning commute in many areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1026.1 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
2 Miles SE Springfield, Capital Airport IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values between -6 and 4. West northwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values between -7 and 3. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. South southwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday A chance of snow and sleet. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE