Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 11 G 25 MPH
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Wind Chill-10°F (-23°C)
Current conditions at
BIG BEAR PARK (BBRC2)
Lat: 37.496111 Lon: -107.729444 Elev: 10341ft.
8 Miles NNE La Plata CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow with areas of blowing snow before 11am, then snow likely between 11am and 1pm, then a chance of snow after 1pm. High near 13. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -20. North northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 12. Wind chill values as low as -20. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -20. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 26. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwest San Juan Mountains, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE