Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.58 in (1036.9 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Mount Ida (KMWT)
Lat: 34.55 Lon: -93.58 Elev: 1066ft.
4 Miles NE Nathan AR
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a steady temperature around 22. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before 9am, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 45. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 36. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Light north wind becoming west northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pike County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE