Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1029.1 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44 Lon: -82.55 Elev: 2140ft.
2 Miles W Pisgah Forest NC
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. North northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41. North wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Light and variable wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Transylvania County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE