Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 14 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1010.4 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44°N Lon: 82.55°W Elev: 2140ft.
3 Miles ESE Asheville NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 75. West northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 51. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 3pm, then showers likely. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 66. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming west 16 to 21 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a north northwest wind 24 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 18 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buncombe County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE