Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.31 in (1026.6 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chapel Hill, Williams Airport (KIGX)
Lat: 35.94 Lon: -79.07 Elev: 509ft.
Chapel Hill NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly after 8am. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orange County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE