Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.03 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-9°F (-23°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Grand Junction, Walker Field (KGJT)
Lat: 39.13389 Lon: -108.53861 Elev: 4859ft.
Grand Junction CO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. Calm wind.
- Friday Patchy dense fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 19. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 5. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 28. East southeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 14. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand Valley, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE