Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
STEAMBOAT LAKE STATE PARK (CA42R)
Lat: 40.78500 Lon: -107.05917 Elev: 9419ft.
8 Miles E Hahns Peak CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A slight chance of snow between 7pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light south southwest wind becoming west southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 7. South southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 16. South wind around 5 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 7. South southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 13.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 6.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Elkhead and Park Mountains, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE