Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
Barometer30.06 in (1018.0 mb)
Current conditions at
Little Rock, Adams Field (KLIT)
Lat: 34.73 Lon: -92.23 Elev: 276ft.
Today Mostly sunny. Breezy. Highs around 60. North winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning...increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Areas of frost after midnight. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Sunny. Areas of frost in the morning. Highs in the mid 50s. Northeast winds 5 mph. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 5 mph. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Partly cloudy in the evening...becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain. Lows around 50. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Tuesday Showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 60s. The chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 50s. The chance of precipitation 60 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. The chance of precipitation 40 percent. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40s. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE