Severe weather is expected across the central and southern Plains on Wednesday
The Storm Prediction Center is forecasting severe weather for Wednesday across much of the central and southern Plains. Primary threats will be large hail and damaging winds. There could also be small tornado risk farther south along the dryline.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 18 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Great Bend Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KGBD)
Lat: 38.34 Lon: -98.86 Elev: 1886ft.
Today Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then sunny in the afternoon. Breezy...cooler. Highs near 70. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Lows 40 to 45. West winds 5 to 15 mph becoming south 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Friday Sunny...breezy...warmer. Highs 80 to 85. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Friday Night Mostly clear. Breezy...warmer. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph after midnight. Saturday Mostly sunny with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Windy. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Saturday Night Windy. Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows near 60. Sunday Breezy...cooler. Mostly sunny with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Sunday Night Breezy...cooler. Partly cloudy. Lows 45 to 50. Monday Windy...cooler. Partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 20 percent. Monday Night And Tuesday Windy. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows 40 to 45. Highs 55 to 60. Tuesday Night Breezy. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers. Lows near 40. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs near 60.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE