Cold Front Crossing the Central U.S.
A cold front over the Northern Rockies will move eastward to the Upper Mississippi Valley/Central Plains by Monday. Rain will develop along the boundary over the Upper Midwest and move into the Upper Great Lakes by Monday. Some of the thunderstorms could become severe in portions of Texas through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 7 mph
Barometer30.00 in (1015.2 mb)
Current conditions at
Chanute Martin Johnson Airport (KCNU)
Lat: 37.68 Lon: -95.48 Elev: 979ft.
Today Thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds up to 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Tonight Mostly clear. Cooler. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Lows 45 to 50. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Tuesday Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows 45 to 50. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Sunny...breezy. Highs 75 to 80. South winds 10 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Breezy...warmer. Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows near 60. Thursday Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Thursday Night Cooler. Mostly clear. Lows near 50. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows near 50. Saturday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs near 70. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s. Sunday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs near 70.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE