Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 6 mph
Barometer30.17 in (1023.2 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Alpena, Alpena County Regional Airport (KAPN)
Lat: 45.07 Lon: -83.56 Elev: 689ft.
This Afternoon Cloudy. Chance of flurries. Highs in the upper 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries in the evening...then chance of snow showers after midnight. Lows around 1. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Sunday Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Colder. Highs around 8. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wind chill readings 6 below to 16 below zero. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows around 4 below. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Monday Partly sunny. Highs around 11. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the morning. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows around 2. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light snow. Not as cold. Highs in the lower 20s. Tuesday Night Light snow likely. Not as cold. Lows around 14. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Colder. Lows around 2. Thursday Partly sunny. Colder. Highs around 14. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows near zero. Friday Partly sunny. Highs around 17.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE