Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Barometer30.24 in (1025.1 mb)
Current conditions at
Traverse City, Cherry Capital Airport (KTVC)
Lat: 44.74 Lon: -85.57 Elev: 623ft.
Grand Traverse County
Today Cloudy. Chance of flurries in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 20s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries in the evening...then chance of snow showers after midnight. Lows around 3. North winds 5 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Sunday Cloudy...colder. Highs around 11. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 1 below. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Monday Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Scattered snow showers. Highs around 14. North winds 10 mph in the morning becoming light. Chance of snow 30 percent. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 8. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light snow. Highs in the lower 20s. Tuesday Night Light snow likely. Lows around 16. Chance of snow 60 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 20s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Colder. Lows around 5. Thursday Partly sunny. Highs around 15. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 3. Friday Partly sunny. Highs around 19.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE