Winter storm for Rockies and High Plains
A storm system over the northern Rockies will move eastward towards the High Plains by Christmas Day. The system will produce snow over parts of the Great Basin, Rockies and High Plains on Christmas. Some of the snow will be heavy, with hazardous travel conditions. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories are in effect in these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedS 12 G 23 mph
Current conditions at
Mineola/Quitman, Wood County Airport (KJDD)
Lat: 32.74 Lon: -95.5 Elev: 433ft.
This Afternoon Mostly sunny. Breezy. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 20 to 25 mph. Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Temperature steady or slowly rising after midnight. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. Sunday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 40s. Sunday Night Through Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the lower 50s. Tuesday Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow or light sleet. Lows in the upper 20s. Wednesday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 30s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE