Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 18 G 26 mph
Current conditions at
Temple / Miller Automatic Weather Observing/Report (KTPL)
Lat: 31.15 Lon: -97.42 Elev: 699ft.
Today Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Lows around 40. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph by noon. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. Monday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Partly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs around 70.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE