Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1021.3 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, mainly before 4am. Areas of fog after 1am. Low around 39. Northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A chance of rain, mainly before 7am, then a slight chance of showers after noon. Areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 35. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 46. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 45. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 56. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night Showers. Low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE