Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility2.10 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Dowd Junction (10) (CO092)
Lat: 39.60794°N Lon: 106.44911°W Elev: 7747ft.
3 Miles SSE Vail CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 20. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday Snow. High near 23. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Snow likely before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 26. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE